Nov. 8, 2019
Six winners have been named as recipients of the second annual Hey Sioux Falls awards, recognizing entrepreneurs and those who support them.
The winners are:
New Startup of the Year
- Advanced Remote Sensing Inc. The company is developing unique, robust and accurate tools for crop insurance loss adjusting and precision agriculture.
Growth Startup of the Year
- Weisser Distributing. The Tea-based, family-owned business started in 1978 but has reinvented itself in the past decade by offering its products on every marketplace possible and expanding product lines. They are one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S.
Startup Champion of the Year
- Melissa Johnson. The mother, entrepreneur, writer and storyteller began Oh My Cupcakes over a decade ago with a tiny bank account and a big vision. Of all the hats she wears in a day, the one she loves to wear most is her Professional Encourager hat.
Small Business of the Year
- Game Chest. Amanda and Ben Wermers opened their business in the fall of 2017 and have already outgrown several locations and accomplished five-year goals in less than 24 months. Their next adventure includes putting Sioux Falls on the map with national and worldwide game publishers.
Corporate Innovator of the Year
- First Bank & Trust. The more than 600 employees of this family and employee-owned community bank live the “Be the 1” service-culture principles that guide their daily interactions and relationships with their customers.
- The Barrel House. The restaurant opened its doors in 2016 and has consistently demonstrated a passion for giving back to the community of Sioux Falls and helping those in need. Its efforts to support first responders and end childhood hunger improve our city.
Hey Sioux Falls is a collaborative effort of the Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce, the Zeal Center for Entrepreneurship and 1 Million Cups.
Hey Sioux Falls is presented by The First National Bank in Sioux Falls.
Hey Sioux Falls nominees announced